Why Rug Pads Are Important
Why rug pads are essential?
Whether your home has either, hard flooring or wall-to-wall carpet. Including rug pads under your rug is essential in any home. Especially in areas where there are lot of running and walking in rainy weather.
The benefits of using rug pads in your home
Having a rug pad underneath your rug has several benefits, including:
1) Improved safety: Rug pads can help prevent your rug from slipping and sliding, reducing the risk of accidents and falls.
2) Enhanced comfort: A rug pad can add padding, making your rug feel softer and more comfortable underfoot.
3) Protection for your floors: Rug pads can help protect your floors from scratches, dents, and other damage caused by the friction and movement of the rug.
4) Extended lifespan: By reducing wear and tear, rug pads can help extend the lifespan of your rug as well as help maintain its appearance and condition over time.
5) Better acoustics: Rug pads can help absorb sound and improve the acoustics of a room, which can be particularly important in spaces with hard flooring.
In summary, using a rug pad can help improve the safety and comfort of your rug, including protecting your floors, extending the life of your rug, and even improving the acoustics of a room.
What is the best type of rug grip?
The best rug pad depends on your specific needs and the type of rug you have. However, there are several factors to consider when choosing a rug pad, including:
1) Material: The best rug pads are made from eco-friendly materials like natural rubber, felt, or wool. Look for non-slip, hypoallergenic materials that contain no harmful chemicals.
2) Thickness: Rug pads come in various thicknesses, ranging from thin to thick. A good rule of thumb is to choose a pad about 1/2 inch thick, which can provide enough cushioning while still being stable.
3) Size and shape: Ensure that the pad you choose is the right size and shape to fit your rug. A pad that is too small will not provide adequate coverage, while one that is too large will need to be trimmed.
4) Non-slip surface: The rug pad should have a non-slip surface that grips the floor and helps prevent the rug from slipping, providing additional safety.
5) Breathability: A breathable rug pad is essential in areas with high humidity or moisture. It can help prevent mould and mildew by allowing air to circulate between the rug and the floor.
We recommend that the rug pad be fit for purpose, be made from eco-friendly materials, and be the right size and shape. Have a non-slip surface, be about 1/2 inch thick, and allow for breathability in high-moisture areas.