We are a family-owned business established in 1973, with over 40 years’ experience selling floor rugs in Canterbury. Originally with a brick and mortar store, based in Montreal Street, Christchurch, then in Lineside Rangiora, North Canterbury after the devastating 2011 earthquakes.
In 2017 we transitioned solely to being online for our rugs sales. This allows our customers the opportunity to purchase from the comfort of their own home.
2019 saw us return to Christchurch City and set up our dedicated carpet binding workroom, at Unit 14 Tradesmans Village 37 Washbournes Rd, Sockburn, Christchurch. Which is open to the public by from 11 am daily on weekdays for carpet binding and hemming services, it pays to call us first to check that we are in the workroom as we are often out and about on pickups and return deliveries for our customers.
We have adopted a call before you come policy for our binding service, this ensures we will be at the workshop when you call. We understand the frustration of making a special effort to go to a business and it is not open. We STRONGLY recommend you call to arrange a time to drop your carpet pieces at our workshop. Call us on 021 164 0938 to ensure we are there to greet you.
We no longer operate a rug showroom and we do not have the rugs to view at our current location which is our dedicated binding workshop. Our rugs are stored in an off-site warehouse and under current health and safety regulatory requirements it is closed to the public. The rugs are only available to be viewed and purchased online.
We prefer to sell woollen rugs where the wool is actually sourced from New Zealand and is identified as New Zealand wool, as opposed to synthetic fibre rugs. Hence, most of the rugs on this website are wool and their quality is reflected in the price. At Rugs For All, we consider this as our way of helping the rural micro economies of our country by supporting the New Zealand strong wool sheep farmers.
We are dedicated to providing you with peace of mind about quality and value when buying a floor rug in a crowded marketplace.
Integrity is our guiding principle.
You will note that we are one of the few online floor rug stores that provide the physical address that is open to the public, be it for our carpet binding and edging business and have a dedicated phone number for you to contact us.
So what makes us different from everyone else?
- We are rug specialists with years of experience and expertise. You won’t find lampshades, cushions or scented candles in our store.
- We have in-depth knowledge of rugs. Whether they are machine made or hand-knotted, wool or synthetic, we can advise you on their specific properties, quality and value.
- Our dedicated staff have been with us for over 25 years and are specialists in rug manufacturing and selling as well as providing out of the box solutions.
- Our integrity is acknowledged by our peers and we are often called to give appraisals of a rug’s integrity.
- We take the time to discuss your purchase with you and are happy to call you or email you to ensure you have peace of mind about your online area rug purchase, it is part of our personalised service commitment.
If you would like to purchase a rug online with us, rest assured that the rugs we sell online are represented truthfully.
Send us an email or give us a call to discuss your needs. We are happy to be of service.