We are a family-owned business established in 1973 with over 40 years’ experience selling floor rugs in Canterbury. Originally, we had a brick and mortar store, based in Montreal Street, Christchurch. Then we moved in Lineside Rangiora, North Canterbury after the devastating 2011 earthquakes.
In 2017, we transitioned solely to being online for our rugs sales. This allows our customers the opportunity to purchase from the comfort of their own home.
At 2019, we returned to Christchurch City and set up our dedicated carpet binding workroom. It is now located at Unit 14 Tradesmans Village 37 Washbournes Rd, Sockburn, Christchurch. The open hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm from Monday to Thursday. While on Fridays, we are open from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm for carpet binding and hemming services.
It’s better to call us first to check that we are in the workroom because we do pickups and return deliveries during in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon for our customers. Click here.
Call Before You Come Policy
We have adopted a “Call Before You Come” policy for our binding service. This ensures that we will be at the workshop when you call. We understand the frustration of making a special effort to go to a business and it is not open. We STRONGLY recommend you call to arrange a time to drop your carpet pieces at our workshop. Call us on 021 164 0938 to ensure we are there to greet you.
All Rugs Are Now Online
We no longer operate a rug showroom and we do not have the rugs to view at our current location. Our main focus currently is in our carpet binding workshop. Our rugs are stored in an off-site warehouse and under current health and safety regulatory requirements, it is closed to the public. The rugs are only available to be viewed and purchased online.
Wool Rugs are Great
We prefer to sell woollen rugs where the wool is sourced from New Zealand. Currently, we do not sell synthetic fibre rugs. Hence, most of the rugs on this website are wool and their quality is reflected in the price. At Rugs For All, we consider this as our way of helping the rural micro economies by supporting the New Zealand wool sheep farmers.
We are dedicated to providing you with peace of mind about quality and value when buying a floor rug in a crowded marketplace.
Integrity is our guiding principle.
You will notice that we are one of the few online floor rug stores that provide a physical address and open to the public. This is so customers have the option to see the colour and texture of the rug and add a carpet binding that looks smart and stylish. We also have a dedicated phone number for you to contact us and so, if you have any questions or need rug advice, you can contact us directly.
So what makes us different from everyone else?
- We are rug specialists with years of experience and expertise. You won’t find lampshades, cushions or scented candles in our store.
- We have in-depth knowledge of rugs. Whether they are machine made or hand-knotted, wool or synthetic, we can advise you on their specific properties, quality and value.
- Our dedicated staff have been with us for over 25 years and are specialists in rug manufacturing and selling. As well as providing out of the box solutions.
- Our integrity is acknowledged by our peers. We are often called to give appraisals of a rug’s integrity.
- We take the time to discuss your purchase with you and are happy to stay in contact with you, either by email or phone. This is to ensure you have peace of mind about your purchase. It is part of our personalised service commitment.
If you would like to purchase a rug online with us, rest assured that the rugs we sell online are represented truthfully.
Send us an email or give us a call to discuss your needs. We are happy to be of service. Click here.
While waiting for a reply, why not have a quick visit at our Facebook page? We post daily topics about rugs, interior inspiration and the latest rug releases at Rugs for All. Click here.